Centre of Design for All
Faculty of Architecture, Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava
Logo & Acronym
Namestie Slobody 19, 812 45 Bratislava (Slovakia)
Assoc. Prof. Maria Samova, PhD. firstname.lastname@example.org
Education and Research Centre
The Centre of Design for All (CEDA) was established at the Faculty of Architecture – Slovak University of Technology (FA STU) in Bratislava in June 2007. Its mission is creating a seamless built-environment that can be used by all people, regardless of their age, size or ability. CEDA FASTU dedicates to the principles of Design for All enabling people in Slovakia to integrate in a society. That effort takes in account a human differences and to their interaction with the built environment.
The main activities and results of the Centre:
– Promote the introduction and integration of the principles of Universal Design in university curricula at each level of study (bachelor, master and postgraduate level) and ensure the development of appropriate Design for All courses in cooperation with academic, professional and relevant state bodies;
– Provide research by collaborating, conducting and commissioning national and international projects and by active attending conferences, seminars and workshops; (IP Erasmus – Design for All – Universal Design: Tourism for All, Culture for All, VEGA – Audit program – universal accessibility of the built environment)
– Participate in relevant standardization work with national, European and international standard bodies and encourage compliance with national and international standards in Design for All;
– Maintain a knowledge based on a good practice in Universal Design;
– Offer a professional consultancy to the people in difficulties caused by built-environment barriers;
– Promote an understanding of Design for All by organizing the courses for professionals participating an accomplishment of built-environment.